Energy touches every facet of our lives. It is the vital force powering our homes, businesses, industrial facilities and vehicles, and is a fundamental factor in achieving and sustaining a high quality of life. Because so much relies on energy, few sectors are as challenging, especially at the nexus between energy, socioeconomic needs and the environment.
The Louis Berger Group develops and provides dependable and affordable alternative energy solutions worldwide while ensuring that existing energy technologies are further improved and implemented safely, reliably, and in a manner that is environmentally friendly. Several promising options for improving energy supplies exist—including improved biomass fuels, mini-hydropower, hydrokinetic (i.e., wave and tidal energy), solar and wind power and hybrid systems—and we are poised to implement these new technologies to reduce dependency on nonrenewable energy.
Our integration of engineering, planning, economic, and environmental capabilities allows us to offer a full range of professional, energy-specific services throughout the United States and overseas. LBG provides a comprehensive range of services in the areas of energy development, generation, and transmission. Our highly qualified team of engineers, planners, scientists, plant operators, and other specialists have been involved in the full lifecycle of energy-related projects, including contingency power generation; renewable energy; hydroelectric project licensing; cogeneration facility siting, permitting, and monitoring; gas pipeline siting and permitting; and electric transmission line routing.
- Alternative & Renewable Energy Projects
- Asset Management
- Clean Air Compliance
- Feasibility Design
- Financial and Economic Analyses
- Fossil Fuel Plant Siting and Permitting
- Gas Pipeline & Electric Transmission Line Siting
- Hydrogen Fuel Cell Vehicle Infrastructure
- Hydropower Licensing
- Pipeline Environmental and Craft Inspectors
- Prime Power and Spot Generation
- Privatization Assessments
- Regulatory Compliance
- Site Investigation and Remediation
- Solid/Hazardous Waste Management
- Surveying, Photogrammetric Mapping, and Geographic Information System (GIS) Services
- Systems Planning
- Third Party EISs/EAs for FERC Dam Safety Assessments
- Third-Party Project Review