Louis Berger was founded on the concept that everything we do should leave a lasting and positive impact on the world around us. That core value attracts employees who value the ability to establish a personal stake in the community and who have a natural desire to extend their contributions beyond their official capacity.
Louis Berger and its employees give back through pro-bono work, charitable contributions, volunteer efforts, program sponsorships and partnerships with local charitable and professional organizations. Many of our community programs are located in fragile states and post-disaster areas where we work.
Recent community involvement includes:
- sponsorship of poker tournaments for wounded soldiers at the Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, D.C.;
- sponsorship of a soccer program for disadvantaged youth in Panama;
- development of a design for the campus of the American University of Afghanistan, the country’s only private, not-for-profit institution of higher education;
- a pro-bono infrastructure assessment in Haiti following the 2010 earthquake.
As part of its corporate social responsibility program, Louis Berger sponsors an annual employee “Give Back” campaign to raise contributions for a selected organization whose mission reflects the firm's vision and values. The campaign also includes corporate matching to extend the reach and impact of our employee’s efforts. Past recipients include:
- Aceh Ocean Coral
- The American Red Cross
- The New York Police and Fire Widow and Children Benefit Fund
- Oxfam International
- Red Cross/ Red Crescent Typhoon Haiyan relief for the Philippines
- Red Cross/ Red Crescent Nepal Earthquake relief
- Red Cross/ Red Crescent West Africa Ebola Outbreak relief