Prior to becoming a consultant, founder Dr. Berger served as a member of the engineering faculty at Pennsylvania State University, and his belief in education and training has been fundamental to the firm’s vision to provide solutions for a better world.
The emphasis on education drives several of Louis Berger’s education initiatives. In total, the firm’s direct and indirect financial commitments totaled more than $650,000. Louis Berger’s involvement in higher education programs have included the creation of a number of fellowships, programs and other educational merit awards, including:
- Louis Berger Graduate Fellows Program, Rutgers University
- Louis Berger International Scholar Award, New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT)
- Louis Berger Endowed Scholarship, New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT)
- Louis Berger Graduate Internship and Fellowship Program, New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT)
- Louis Berger Fellowship, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- Louis Berger Junior Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Northwestern University
- Louis Berger Chair in Civil and Environmental Engineering, Tufts University
- Berger Family Technology Transfer Endowment, Tufts University
- The Louis Berger Cultural Center, University of Afghanistan
- Louis Berger Scholarship, Society of Military Engineers
- The Louis Berger and Associates, Inc. Scholarship, Society of Military Engineers
Additionally, Louis Berger has committed financial support as well as volunteer efforts to programs like NJIT’s Science and Technology Enrichment Program, an after-school program for high school students, and the nonprofit humanitarian organization Engineers Without Borders, which operates in more than 45 developing countries worldwide.