Heritage Resource Management
Cultural heritage bridges the past with the future, giving people the foundation to meet the challenges of tomorrow. As many engineering assignments can impact heritage sites, cultural resource and historic preservation experts contribute to a project’s success by ensuring the management of such resources.
Since beginning its cultural resource practice more than 30 years ago, Louis Berger’s diverse professional staff has completed assignments around the world. The firm also has specialized experience in preserving historic infrastructure and providing design services, condition assessments and recommendations for repairs on many of the world’s landmark structures. Louis Berger’s portfolio of work includes façade, historic monument and building restorations, and rehabilitating or preserving iconic bridges.
- alternative mitigation
- condition assessments
- genealogical services
- HABS/HAER Historic Structure Recordation
- historic property and district nominations
- historic property management plans
- historical/archival research and analysis
- national register eligibility determination
- public education and outreach
- Section 106, Section 110, Section 4(f) and NEPA (EA/EIS) Compliance
- cemetery delineation, relocation, restoration and documentation
- historic preservation
- heritage resource management (including tribal)