Louis Berger is committed to supporting the communities where we live, work and play. Corporate philanthropy in the form of charitable contributions, scholarships, community involvement, probono work and volunteerism has long been a Louis Berger hallmark. Our goal is to have an enduring impact on the world around us, with every employee having a stake in his or her own community. Many of our community programs are located in fragile states and post-disaster areas where we work.
Recent community involvement includes:
- Sponsorship of poker tournaments for wounded soldiers at the Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, D.C.
- Celebrating the National Park Service Centennial through an Explorers Wanted campaign
- Sponsorship of a soccer program for disadvantaged youth in Panama
- Development of a design for the campus of the American University of Afghanistan, the country’s only private, not-for-profit institution of higher education
Louis Berger sponsors an annual employee “Give Back” campaign matching employee donations dollar-for-dollar to support select NGOs whose missions align with our global values and who serve the communities where our employees and clients live and work.
The 2017 Give Back campaign supports Red Cross / Red Crescent disaster relief efforts.
Past recipients include:
- Aceh Ocean Coral
- The American Red Cross
- The New York Police and Fire Widow and Children Benefit Fund
- Oxfam International
- Red Cross/ Red Crescent European migration crisis relief
- Red Cross/ Red Crescent Louisiana flooding relief
- Red Cross/ Red Crescent Typhoon Haiyan relief for the Philippines
- Red Cross/ Red Crescent Nepal Earthquake relief
- Red Cross/ Red Crescent West Africa Ebola Outbreak relief