Prior to becoming a consultant, founder Dr. Berger served as a member of the engineering faculty at Pennsylvania State University, and his belief in education and training has been fundamental to the firm’s vision to provide Solutions for a better world.
We continue to make investments in the next generation of planners, engineers and other professionals by supporting fellowships, scholarships and interns. The fellowships and internships we support provide meaningful science and engineering experiences for students who wish to contribute to society in an impactful way.
Louis Berger’s involvement in higher education programs include:
- Louis Berger Graduate Fellows Program, Rutgers University
- Louis Berger International Scholar Award, New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT)
- Louis Berger Endowed Scholarship, New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT)
- Louis Berger Graduate Internship and Fellowship Program, New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT)
- Louis Berger Fellowship, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- Louis Berger Junior Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Northwestern University
- Louis Berger Chair in Civil and Environmental Engineering, Tufts University
- Berger Family Technology Transfer Endowment, Tufts University
- The Louis Berger Cultural Center, University of Afghanistan
- Louis Berger Scholarship, Society of Military Engineers
- The Louis Berger and Associates, Inc. Scholarship, Society of Military Engineers
Additionally, in an effort to encourage high school students in New Jersey to pursue higher education, Louis Berger assisted in the development of NJIT's Science and Technology Enrichment Program (STEP), which aimed to foster students’ appreciation of science and technology.